With your usual Friday Link Roundup mastermind away for the week, I’ve hijacked the spot to talk about something I love dearly. That would be Marvel’s Agent Carter. (Full disclosure: Jeff loves Agent Carter too, and he is the only reason I know it exists, so hijack is probably an overstatement). This show is strongly written, and the latest season’s costume and set design have been an utter delight. The finale of season 2 aired this week, and fans like us hope that we’ll see more of Agent Peggy Carter, Mr. Jarvis, Daniel Sousa, Howard Stark, Rose (!), and the otherwise intrigue-y world of the SSR in a yet-to-be-announced 3rd season. Read on for some great material all about Peggy and the gang. There are a few season 1 spoilers in the links below, but no season 2 spoilers of any kind until the very last link, which is marked. Join us in spreading the message to #RenewAgentCarter far and wide.
- Maureen Ryan of Variety makes a typically eloquent case for why Marvel should find a way to give Agent Carter further life. Preach.
- Despite star Hayley Atwell being cast in a pilot for another ABC show called Conviction, the actor herself gives us hope for the return of Agent Carter.
- The AV Club reviewed the entire first season before season 2 began, and makes a strong case for why the show should be on all of our radars.
- Then there’s the great Dubsmash war of 2015. #TeamCarter took on #TeamShield, and everyone won, including Stomp Out Bullying and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Nobody puts Jarvis in a corner.
- Join the push to help #RenewAgentCarter like this awesome tweeter did. Do as Peggy says!
- Marvel’s Agent Carter is an awesomely feminist show. Here are 63 examples to prove it.
- Here’s a great interview from Donna Dickens of Hitfix with Hayley Atwell on her character and why she’s so great at using Twitter (she really is awesome at it).
- If you aren’t already charmed by the talented Hayley Atwell, watch this interview with Craig Ferguson from 2011, when the first Captain America movie was released. She describes how the moment captured in GIF form below came about, and it’s just everything you wanted to hear.
- SPOILER ALERT: This link does contain some slight season 2 spoilers, so please proceed with caution. This is a smart piece written about Agent Carter‘s transition to its second season, and the confident storytelling the show built upon from the first season. There are season 2 spoilers in this link.